March 15, 2010

A Creative Block

Have you ever wanted to get creative but just can't find the inspiration or motivation to do so?

It's a dilema that I've been facing for the past few weeks - yes . . . I've got scrapper's block.  I must admit that it's not something that I've suffered a lot from BUT I have to admit that it does seem strange to not be getting out my papercrafting supplies every night!

So - what have I been doing to try and overcome it?  Well, aside from a little creative reading and sorting out of some of my supplies. not a great deal actually!  I guess I've been lucky that I have no creative 'deadlines' at the moment, so I don't feel that pressure that I have to create!

Instead, I've taken the approach to not get too stressed about it and just take a little break - I've been doing a little cooking and the weather has been so lovely, I've been getting out in the garden too - the recent rain we had has given some much needed life to our garden but also to weeds as well!

With so much productivity going on outside, it's no wonder that I was so inspired by the gorgeous blue skies & the lush green grass that I decided to make this greeting card last night - see - a break can be good for you! I must warn you though - whilst I have been playing with my papercrafting supplies, this card is quite a simple one!


The card features a little pattern paper which I've hand stitched lines on and then lightly inked the outside edges of, some punched blossoms which I again inked the edges of, some threaded lace and cream blossoms with silver pinwheel centres!

Here's a little close-up too!


It may not be a scrapbooking page BUT at least it's something created from paper!

I know my creativity 'spark' will return in full swing BUT for now I'm just going to find other things to do - scrapbooking is meant to be enjoyable and the last thing I want to do is to put pressure on myself to create when I really don't feel all that inspired to do so at the moment - well , not with paper anyway!

Here's hoping you all have a fantastic week!   x x x

No comments: