June 21, 2011

Time To Say . . .

For those of you who have been customers of Scrappit for a while you might know that I've been on the Scrappit Design Team for quite some time - since January 2003 infact!

Scrappit has undergone a number of changes over the years - from new owners, to new Design Team Members BUT I personally have loved each & every moment of being a member!  At the time I joined the team I was a Stay-At-Home Mum and aside from the duties that go along with that, I lived & breathed scrapbooking.  If I wasn't actually scrapbooking, I was browsing the web looking at products OR finding ideas OR participating in forums & sharing my own ideas. My work through Scrappit gave me the confidence to submit and be published in a wide range of papercrafting magazines over the years and I even spent 6 months on a Design Team for one of them too.  To say that I lived and breathed scrapbooking was probably an understatement - *grin* 

With time though, comes change and one of the major changes in my life has been the fact that I've gone back into the workforce this year in my professional role as a Kindergarten Teacher.  It's only 1 day a week but as everyone who is in a teaching role knows, you end up putting in more hours into the job than what you get paid for.  Ontop of this, I also listed myself for relief teaching - something which I've been doing a lot of since we returned from our recent 5 week holiday to Tasmania!  As you can imagine  I'm spending much of my so called 'free time' getting things organised at home before the next day/week rolls around.   There just doesn't seem to be enough hours in the day!  Not surprisingly, at the moment my crafting supplies tend to spend much of the week sitting idle.
 
So, this comes to the point of this post and you've probably guessed where I'm heading with this anyway . . . this isn't a decision I have taken lightly - Scrappit has been such a big part of my life for the past 8 years BUT the time has come for me to say goodbye and resign as a member of the Scrappit Design Team.

I would like to thank everyone at Scrappit for their friendship, support, encouragement & inspiration over the years . . . I hope that I am able to continue the many friendships that I have developed with so many of you into the future!

For those who may be interested, I will be continuing to blog - yes I know it's a little out of date at the moment BUT I will get back to it and share some of my life and my creativity a little more regularly . . . I'd love for you to stop by and keep in touch - http://shirleyfyfe.typepad.com/

So, before I sign off on my last Scrappit Design Team Blog post, I would like to take the opportunity to share one last papercrafting creation with you . . .

This particular card has been adapted from one that my dear friend Jan showed my local crafting group how to do.


The background features an embossed image that has been heavily inked with Tim Holtz Distress Inks and then mounted onto a black greeting card.  I had thought about adding a hand stitched - yep, you know what I'm like with my hand stitching  - LOL - but I decided to just leave it as it was - I think you call that restraint don't you?  LOL


The butterflies have been triple punched and mounted on top of one another - I can't take credit for the idea, but I do love the layering effect!


I decided to lightly ink each of the layers to give them a somewhat rustic feel to tie them into the background, before each butterfly was finished off with a little bling strip down the centre of the body.

Simple ideas but I think they work well together!

Well - there you have it . . . my very last post on the Scrappit Blog!

Thank-you everyone for your friendship and inspiration . . . and to Paula & the Scrappit Design Team - I wish you every success into the future . . .

Shirley


No comments: