October 3, 2008

Masking Stamped Images

Ever wondered how to create a multi layered stamped image all on the one sheet of card? Well its easy and I want to share with you how to do it!!

To create a multi layer stamped image is really easy but it does take some planning. The most important thing to remember is to work backwards with the images (so to speak), so for example, the image you would normally layer on the top when layering paper is the image you stamp.

Step 1 – Choose your primary image and stamp it onto your card.
Step 2 – Stamp the same image onto a post it note and carefully cut out the image. For mine, I wanted an edge around my stamped image so I didn’t cut right on the line.
Step 3 – Layer your post it note image directly over the first stamped image. This is to protect your image when stamping other images over the top.
Step 4 – Stamp your other images directly over the top. I also chose to add colour to the tips of a stencil brush and stippled 3 different blue shades over the surface of my card.
Step 5 – Finally, remove the post it note to reveal the original stamped image. To finish off I then coloured in my tree stamp with coloured pencils and added some glitter to decorate.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Stunning cards and those colors work so well together.

Regards,
Image masking services