November 21, 2008

Canberra Album with Tag by Penny

Hello Everyone
Back in week 23 of the Elsie Flannigan challenges, the Design Team were asked to create our own buttons. I created a small tag to go with an album I've been meaning to do since our family trip to Canberra last July.



As promised, I completed my 8x8 album a little while ago and thought I'd share it today. I started with the Album cover and inserted my cover page photo and attached my tag.

To help the album progress quickly, I stuck to the same type of theme for every page. I inked the backgroud page and stitched a piece of cardstock and patterned paper. I chose a range of papers by My Mind's Eye to help the papers blend together. I also kep the font on my journalling the same for every page to continue the theme throughout. Although each days siteseeing experience is slightly different from the next, the whole album still carries the theme from page to page.

Here's a small selection of the pages within my album.






















































I completed this 8x8 album over a weekend and although the inking and stitching did take some time, overall I was very pleased with the outcome. Some basic staples ie blending the theme over the entire album with some minor changes per page/trip/item, 4x6 photos, brads, rubons, flowers and journaling and your album is complete.

Till next week

Penny

No comments: