December 19, 2008

Xmas Gift by Penny

Merry Christmas Everyone

I thought I’d take this week’s Inspiration date to share a little gift I gave to the ladies I work with.
Every year I have worked at my current job I have given the ladies a little handmade item as a special gift just from me. Although I think and think what I can do differently this year, I decided to fall back on a favourite Cookie recipe. I purchased some glass jars, plonked in a dozen or so cookies, attached my recipe with a picture included and tied it all together with a tag and a cookie cutter. Well, I have to admit I didn’t realise what a bunch of hungry people I work with when one of the ladies had half finished her jar within the same day. Trust me these are some seriously yummy cookies. Feel free to try them for yourself and see what I mean.

Choc Chip Cookies

Preheat oven to 180ºC. Grease and line baking trays.
In a very large bowl cream together 500g butter, 1¼ cups castor sugar and 385g can Condensed Milk until light and creamy.
Add 6½ cups SR flour, 1pkt white choc bits and 2pkts dark choc bits and mix well. Using 1 tablespoon of mixture roll into balls. Place onto prepared trays and flatten slightly with a fork, leaving plenty of room for spreading.
Bake 16-19mins or until light golden. Allow to stand on the trays 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool.
Makes 100


Again, best of wishes for the festive season, stay safe and let those creative juices fly on your next scrapping project.

Penny

No comments: