April 25, 2009

Photo Frame

I was asked recently to help my Brother present his friend with a photo frame for his 50th Birthday. I gave Clive a frame like this for his 50th a couple of years ago and I must say I was chuffed that he asked me to complete one for his friend. For one thing, it meant he actually liked the gift I gave him. This is no mean feat as the years go by it gets harder and harder to think of something personal and useful at the same time.Here's the one I completed for my Brother's friend.

I referenced a lot of what I did on the photo frame from the original images that I kept from Clive's gift. I was published in Scrapbooking Memories back then and recently I noticed that it appeared again in a current compilation publication by SM.

Once you actually calculate the size of the photos against the size of the frame there isn't much else to do except adhere and attach several embellishments to suit your theme. Try to keep this as flat as possible so this won't compromise the glass against the items. If you find yourself short of photos try replacing some with colourful patterned paper. There you go - a simple yet stylish gift for either member of your family or a dear friend.

No comments: