November 11, 2009

Blossoms

Don't you just love blossoms?  They come in such a wide variety of colours, shapes and sizes don't they?  I know I love using them and I have to say that these 'Green Tara' ones from Scrappit are just gorgeous!  I do so love the colours!



The scrolly outside border is one I created myself and hand-stitched in Aqua embroidery thread - yeah - a little on the time consuming time but I do so love the result.  To compliment the overall colourscheme, I also lightly inked the outside edges of the background cardstock AND then added some swipes of Aqua acrylic paint as well!

Here's a couple of close-up photos that show a little more of the detail!



The butterflies were actually pre-printed transparency images, which I cut out and then sewed onto my page.  I have replicated the same idea myself by saving clipart images and printing these onto transparency sheets as well - they work just as effectively and I love how the butterflies look as though they are about to fly off my projects!



Here's hoping you are having a wonderful day and I do look forward to sharing again with you soon!

No comments: