November 23, 2009

Give some stitching a go.

If you’re like me you just love to stitch on a layout. Whether it’s by hand or machine, some layouts just don’t look complete without that but of stitching. In my layout Happy Go Lucky I used pattered paper as my template. By layering a piece of acetate over your paper and using an awl, pierce these together. You’ll then be left with a clear template you will be able to place over any design to see where you are going.

This technique is great to use on plain cardstock and by using different coloured thread for the layers gives the design more depth.

On my layout My Brother I have used thread to create a trail between the flower brads. On my Back to Nature page I have complimented the patterned paper squares with brown machine stitching. This balances the simple block design and border.



So next time you’re looking to add ‘that something else’ to a layout consider a bit of stitching. Although I don’t embroider and sew my own clothes anymore at least I feel I’m still contributing with my ‘Paper’ stitching.




No comments: