December 9, 2009

Christmas Gift Idea - Notepads

Isn't it amazing how quickly Christmas is rapidly decending upon us . . . there seemed to be all the time in the world . . . I'm certainly glad that I made an early start on my Christmas cards this year - it's been great to have a stockpile of them sitting there ready to use.

One thing I have been busy making as gifts for members of my social scrapbooking group, are these cute notepads - I've had a little production line happening you could say - *grin*



Firstly, I took a heap of A5 notepads into a local printing store and kindly asked if they could be cut in half vertically - this gave me 2 notepads from each one and they end up being quite a good overall size!

I then simply cut a strip of Bazzill 5cm longer than the size of the notepad, held in place and then gently creased along the top of the notepad either side of where the pages are all stuck together and used double sided tape to hold the cover in place.

I then used some of the gorgeous pattern paper and die-cut images from this months 'ScrappIt Now' kit to decorate the covers along with some ribbon, hand stitching and a little bling too!



So very simple BUT quite effective at the same time!  I do hope the members of my social scrapbooking group like them!

I would like to take this opportunity to wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas and a safe and prosperous New Year too! 

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

These are so cute! I'll have to remember it for next year :)
Cheers
Liz