February 1, 2010

Stamping on Cardstock

If you're like me and have more stamps than you can poke a stick at and they just seem to be gathering dust, give this little project a go.

I've selected a few of my flower stamps and using black dye ink, I've stamped my flower on different coloured cardstock. Trim around the edges and attach these to your layout. If you stamp on a separate piece of cardstock the same colour as your background you can give the impression you have stamped these directly on to your layout. This is a great way of giving the look without the worry of 'messy up your background if it goes wrong'.



I have also stamped the Imagine stamp on a separate piece of cardstock the same as my background and trimmed and added to my layout.




A small amount of yellow chalk is all that is need to highlight the pale flowers to give the extra zing you need. Raise a few of the images with pop dots to create a sense of dimension.


Rubon flourishes and words complete the look without a single piece of patterned paper used.

Here are a sample of cards you can create by following the same principle as the layout above.


So before you reach for the patterned paper again, think of your stamps and what you can do with a little imagination.






No comments: