September 19, 2008

Ephemera or Collage Projects by Penny Ash

Week 3 and my final instalment on Ephemera or Collage projects by Penny Ash.

Journals are a great option to extend your Ephemera or Collage style. Pre bought journals from you local supermarket are an inexpensive and readily available option. I have made the larger journal as a Christmas gift for my daughter's teacher.

  • Step 1. Select a colour of your journal to suit your project. Mine have a sepia recycled look to them.
  • Step 2. If your book has a glossy or smooth cover you will need to use Stazon ink to stamp your images. I’ve used a selection of clocks, circles and old English writing on my covers. Rubons could also be used, as on my larger journal.
  • Step 3. Now the fun part – adhere all those bits and pieces from your stash. Paper flowers, clips, beads, ribbon, chain, clock parts, typewriter buttons, stickers, stamps and gems are some of the items on my books.
  • Step 4. To seal the cover I used a combination of Glossy Ascents and Mod Podge.



This concludes my three part series on Ephemera or Collage projects. So what have you learned from my ideas? Hopefully you’ve realised there is no right or wrong way to use these products. Placement isn’t everything and just have fun using your bits and pieces. It’s your turn now so take a chance and start ‘Plonking’ those pieces down.

I know Jan and I would love to see what you have created so feel free to upload your creations in the Scrappit Gallery. I look forward to hearing any feedback you may have and I’m sure the Scrappit Design Team can assist you with any queries you may have.
Remember to enjoy doing your projects and test the waters with a creation 'outside the box'.

No comments: