September 26, 2008

Storage Ideas

I don't know about you but I am forever searching for the best idea's to maximise my ability to see what I have to use while still saving my room from looking overcrowded. I hate the idea of of putting things away in a little box where I know I will forget them!!
I found this idea on one of my blog hopping jaunts months ago -

The system comes from Ikea and cost less than $20 to provide you with innovative storage, mine has been attached to the side of my working desk. The best part of course is that everything is sold separately so you can mix and match to suit your own needs . For me, I needed the long shallow basket to hold all my ribbon rolls while the tall thin one was perfect for storing all my most used tools like scissors and craft knives.
The best part of this system is that the rack itself can be used to store those much used punches.
Another storage idea is the clip it up -


It is a great place to hang all those packs of unmounted stamps for quick and easy reference.
So do you have any unique and different idea's for storing your goodies?


3 comments:

Beth said...

I like to punch a bunch of punchies while watching TV sometimes, but I only had one container to put them in, so they were all jumbled together.
Now I use those clear plastic fishing tackle type boxes with all the divided spaces in them for my punchies. The clear plastic is great because you can see what is in each section. Also, to make it easier I used my Xyron to make a sticker of each type of punchie and stuck it on the lid. That way I know which section each should go in. It was tricky at first to line up the sticker in the right spot, but it really does work well.
No more rummaging to find the one you are looking for.

Sam said...

nuts!! I was just in Ikea the other day and it didn't occur to me to use some of that stuff for my crafty items!

Anonymous said...

That's s wonderful idea Beth! Those fishing tackle boxes certainly come in handy don't they? I actually use the same system for my beads, charms and small embellishments! I love that these boxes are so easy to store and with the clear lids, I can quickly see inside to find what I am looking for!