October 24, 2008

Updating Outdated Layouts by Penny

I suppose everyone has at least one layout that they created either when you first started scrapbooking or even recently that you look at and go OMG what was I thinking? Today I was looking through DS#2 album and was struck by an ungodly LO I created some 5yrs ago. I remember it clearly. I had just purchased one of those hand held squeeze punches and went absolutely wild creating a bright blue border for his baby photo. Well, I don't know whether I thought it looked good or not but I simply couldn't give him this album with this horrible LO to showcase his baby photos.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not one to go back and 're-do' layouts. I believe it is all in the process of learning and growing with this fabulous craft that you keep those pages as they are as a reflection of your taste and style. But, there was no way this one was going to stay as is.


















There was no way I was going to show you the full 2 page spread but I did grab this page back out of the bin to scan to give you some idea of what I was explaining to you.....ghastly, isn't it!



Now for the change...........












Much better don't you think.....


Till next week
Penny

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am very tempted to go back and tidy up LO's that I don't like anymore but I am worried that they won't 'fit' with the other pages surrounding it, You can definitely see a change in style over the years