October 24, 2008

October CLUB Scrappit - Greeting Cards

Have you taken a peak at the October CLUB Scrappit Newsletter - it is certainly one very gorgeous collection this month and I really have had a wonderful time getting creative with it all!

I thought I would share a couple of my cards that didn't end up making it into the newsletter!

The first one features a punched border along one side of the blue pattern paper and then some of the foil pattern paper that I cut into strips and made them into candles! The flames were cut from pattern paper, hand stitched and then had a tear drop bling brad added to the centre before then mounting everything onto a plain white card.

Here's a little close-up of the candle tops too!

The second card was created in a similar manner with a plain white card - except on this one I actually punched the lace border along one edge - it came out fantastic BUT I don't think I'll be doing it again for fear of breaking my punch! The card was a little on the thick size!

And here's a close-up which shoes some of the layering and the pearls that I have just loved using this month!

Have a great weekend everyone!

Shirley

No comments: