October 21, 2008

Waste Not! by Shirley Fyfe

Sorry for the delay in posting my Design Team post - with being at Paperific last Friday and then a busy weekend, time has just gotten away from me!

I thought I would share a tip today - one in making the most of your creative stash and the products that you buy in the future!

Before you throw away those left-overs and packaging from new products, have you ever taken a peak at them and thought if there is anyway you can use them?

You might be able to use an eyelet from the top of a packet on a page or a card; some of the plastic for a tag you could stamp with Stazon; a printed strip to use as imitation ribbon; shaped cardboard as a templete and so the list goes on.

On this particular card, I've actually used a piece of left-over scalloped Bazzill as a template to create the border AND the polka dot brown strip was actually taken from the bottom of a piece of pattern paper, either side of where it said 'My Minds Eye' - waste not I say!


Have fun finding new and innovative ways to make use of some of your left-overs and packaging before you just throw them away!

Until next time,

Shirley

No comments: