October 24, 2008

Nestabilities

Nestability dies have been out now for quite some time and while I've been looking at them I've kind of felt a bit lost because I wasn't sure how to use them. How about you?


Well, I did end up getting some of them from Scrappit and are pleased to say they are really easy to use and have such a pretty and unique effect when used that I know they are going to end up being my favourite tool.


So How did I go? Well first off I chose not to buy another machine simply to use the dies. Rather I did some searching and playing and have come up with the perfect recipt for using them with my cuttlebug!!


To cut with the dies -



  1. Place plate A down first.

  2. Layer plate C on next.

  3. Place the die face up next - that is ridges side up.

  4. Layer your card over the top of the die.

  5. Place plate B over the op and feed through your machine.


Now, at this point you'd notice there actually is a bit of embossing happening. You may like to leave it at that or emboss deeper by -




  1. Place plate A down first.

  2. Layer plate B on next.

  3. place die face up again but this time with the card still in the die.

  4. texture mat and embossing board.


Now here's the tricky part, Sellbinders, the company that create nestabilities actually created a tan embossing mat and embossing board as a set but they aren't all that easy to come by. As an alternative I used a Sizzix Big Shot Silicone texture mat and impressions pad. They did exactly the same job and I was able to purchase them directly through Scrappit.

I created this card using the largest one of the scalloped square sets and layered it with several layers of patterned paper for a pretty effect. You can find this set here at Scrappit.



Blog_signature_image_4

No comments: