January 23, 2009

January Club Scrapp-it Now

I love getting the kits every month from Scrappit, finding a whole package of goodies that I can play with but didnt need to choose and match for myself. I originally began working with kits because of the time saving it provided for me but I soon learnt that each kit could also be seen as a personal challenge - what will I do with these papers? I love that challenge more than anything, it keeps me interested and excited by this awesome hobby!!
Anyway, here are some of the pages that I created using this months kit -

Another of the photo's taken at the Royal show in 2008 - seems amazing to be typing last year already!!

I took this photo last year (2008 lol) while on a holiday in Melbourne. Its local scrub around Daylesford and I just loved the hugeness of it. I think the quote that I wrote pretty much covers how I felt at the time, standing there in that huge openness!!
Another Daylesford photo - I loved the idea of cutting up these papers, I handcut the flower stems to add to the pages design.
If you didnt already know, I love handcutting and especially handcutting freestyle!! I cut these circles all freestyle which is why their shape isnt uniform. The beauty of this months papers is that they are all double sided so the middle circles could be turned over to add a different pattern alternately.
Finally, I made this card with some of the scraps. The image was hand stamped using an image from a UK collection called High Hopes and was coloured with Copic Markers.

No comments: