January 23, 2009

Technique Talk

I'd like to share a couple of different techniques I used on this layout. Of course you could use just one of these examples to suit your designs.

1. Combining Stamping & Stitching. This technique came about quite by accident. I chose to stamp directly on my layout, however I didn't put enough pressure in my stamping. This resulted in a 'soft' image in places. I then chose to 'fill in' my image with hand stitching in the same colour as the image, with similar flourish designs.



2. Texture Paste Flowers. I had seen this technique in a magazine some time ago and decided to try for myself. By placing a small quantity of texture paste in the corner of a small plastic bag I was now ready to begin my designs. Chose the colour of netting to suit your design and lay this piece over some greaseproof paper. (This will prevent your work surface getting marked with the paste that may dribble through the netting holes). Cut a very small piece from the tip of your plastic bag. To control your flow of paste, wrap the top of the bag around your finger and squeeze a flower design directly onto your netting. Leave to dry thoroughly before cutting around your pasted flower. Place on your layout with paper flowers and brads.

I hope these quick and easy techniques give you some thought to try something new if only by accident.

Till next time
Happy Scrapping

Penny

No comments: