October 12, 2009

Hand Crafted Christmas Cards

Did you make your own Christmas Cards last year? Are you intending to make your own this year?

Despite having good intentions last year - I left making most of my Christmas Cards a little on the late side - something I really don't want to do again!

So, this year I'm getting myself organised a little earlier and I've already made a start!
Before I share some of my creations though, I firstly have to confess that I'm becoming a little addicted to the wonderful array of 6 x 6 pattern paper pads that Scrappit keeps getting in stock because they make card making all that much easier too!

My love of 6 x 6 pattern paper pads began with Basic Grey - Ambosia, Jane Bug, Lemonade and Eva; then came Black Market Paper Society - Vintage Romance; and more recently it has been with the gorgeous collections from Webster's Petite Papers!

The pattern paper featured on all the cards I've created and shared here were taken from Websters Petite Papers Holiday Collection Combo Pack - Home for the Holidays & Winter's Wings. They are just gorgeous and perfect for card making because with a quick trim, maybe a little inking, hand stitching, a touch of ribbon or trim, a greeting sticker and an embellishment or two - Viola! One perfect greeting card!











Whilst some of the designs might look a little on the complicated side, I assure you, they really aren't - the pattern paper does most of the work for you! Aren't they just so very pretty?

Anyway - I hope I inspired you to keep an eye out for 6 x 6 pattern paper pads OR maybe I even inspired you to get creative and make a few greeting cards for the festive season! Whatever the inspiration, I'd love hear from you . . .

Until next time, Shirley

1 comment:

Sam said...

Now that I have oodles of crafty things in my spare bedroom I have to make Christmas cards or I am sure that my family will frown at me!! ;-)

This year I have extra incentive as I have agreed to take part in the staff craft fair at the beginning of December!